Friday, May 18, 2007

Horse Braiding Tip # 4- Perfecting the tail braid

"I can't seem to keep the braid the same thickness the whole way down. Doesn't it make sense that if you're picking up hair while your braiding your way down, that it would continue to get bigger and bigger as you get closer to the end, even if you're only picking up a few hairs at a time? I figured there was some kind of trick that I was never told, but there's no point in me practicing the wrong technique. Any help would be greatly appreciated. " -Joanna


When braiding the tail, you want to strive for an even straight braid running the entire way down the tail bone.

There are a few tricks we use:
First, when starting your braid at the very top of the horse's tail, take thicker chunks of tail for your first three sections. Most people think logically you need to grab tiny pieces of hair to start. Instead grab double or triple the amount of hair you would normally grab from the tail bone to start. Establish the size of braid you want right from the top and run that thickness entire way down. Don't build up thickness into your braid, start it from the beginning.

Here is an example of not quite starting with enough hair at the top of the braid. The braid is pulled over to the left at the beginning, and ends up building as it goes down.

Why do we recommend starting with thicker pieces?
You will be amazed how much easier it is to grip plus it starts your tail braid off strongly.
Another trick we use is moderation!
As you are braiding down, you will notice your braid will start to feel thicker, as this happens grab tinier pieces of hair each cross over. If you feel your braid is starting to get thin, grab thicker pieces.
As a last resort, if you feel your braid is seriously getting too thick, start to drop hairs. We don't always do this, because braiding the tail should be done continuously and in a flow. The true key to keeping a beautiful even tail braid is rhythm. Dropping hairs is done by splitting hairs off your existing pieces, and only adding tiny amounts of hair each cross over.
To learn how to braid a tail, do a pinwheel, learn a wrap around ring, plus many more tips and tricks on tail braiding, check out "One for the Money" an instructional braiding DVD today!
Email TopKnotHorseBraids@gmail.com to order for $35!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quality articles is the crucial to be a focus for the people to
pay a visit the site, that's what this web site is providing.

Look at my web site: http://thewarzwiki.fr/

Anonymous said...

This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found
something which helped me. Many thanks!

Feel free to visit my page - men's armitron watches

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of
the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

Here is my blog ... Sturling Watches For Men

Anonymous said...

First off I would like to say excellent blog! I had
a quick question that I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your head prior to writing. I've had a tough
time clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there.
I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to
be lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips?
Many thanks!

Feel free to surf to my website www.dlc-ubc.ca

Anonymous said...

No matter if some one searches for his essential thing, therefore he/she needs to be available that in
detail, so that thing is maintained over here.


Stop by my webpage :: victorinox watches for women

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.

Also visit my page: sturling watches for women

Anonymous said...

If some one desires expert view on the topic of blogging after that
i propose him/her to pay a visit this website, Keep up the nice
job.

Here is my weblog ... http://mftot.jointokyo.org

Anonymous said...

This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!

! Finally I've found something which helped me. Thanks a lot!

Stop by my weblog - womens vestal watches

Anonymous said...

of course like your web site however you need to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts.

A number of them are rife with spelling problems and
I find it very bothersome to inform the reality however
I'll definitely come back again.

Feel free to surf to my blog :: womens watches

Anonymous said...

You're so cool! I do not suppose I've read something like this before.
So good to discover another person with original thoughts on this topic.
Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is something that is needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!


Feel free to surf to my homepage; mens watches

Anonymous said...

It's truly very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, thus I just use web for that reason, and get the hottest news.

my site: akribos watches

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great photos and tips. I am working on my braiding so they will really help!

Well show season is upon us, how is the braiding going?