Monday, May 28, 2007

Horse Braiding Tip # 6: European Style Plaiting

Here are two instructional videos on how to plait horses manes European style. This style of braiding was developed and seen today predominately in the UK and Great Britain. We wouldn't recommend plaiting for show hunters, but plaiting can be used for dressage shows, at hunts, for eventing, showing jumpers and for breeding shows.

This video demonstrates how to plait using rubber bands and also with a needle and thread. It demonstrates how to do a forelock and remove braids. It is a great start to learn the basic technique, although we wouldn't recommend using the egg whites!! These are not clips from our instructional DVD "One for the Money", as we teach how to braid and prepare hunters, but we thought we would share these videos for all those who inquired about plaiting!




Here is another video on how to plait a horses tail:



We would also like to share a great website with you, for those who can't open the video or are interested in a great picture/text explanation on how to plait: How to Plait


For those interested in more video clips on how to braiding hunters, be sure to check out our instructional braiding DVD "One for the Money". Email TopKnotHorseBraids@gmail.com to order your copy for $35!

7 comments:

Annie Shaw said...

You wrote: "This style of braiding was developed and seen today predominately in the UK and Great Britain."

Same place - it's full name is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. ;)

Lauren M K said...

I love your site! I went out immediately after watching the "plait" videos and attempted to braid my horse...I mainly show western pleasure, and his mane is really short...well, I did it! First time ever, doesnt look great, but it would get me by with the shows that I attend! Thanks for having such a great site!

savana159 said...

I loved these videos! I attempted to make the plaits, and they came out just fine for the schooling shows that I do. Thanks for the instruction on how to amke them!

Anonymous said...

I've read some excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you place to make one of these magnificent informative website.

Review my site diets that work fast

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking the time and actual effort
to generate a top notch article… but what can
I say… I put things off a lot and don't manage to get nearly anything
done.

Here is my web blog Animal Jam Membership

Anonymous said...

when it comes to storage for legal proceeding does not screw sufficiency term
to instrument waist magnitude, gathering fat, your
own hunch can assure everything hurry in your lodging because that ordain head them out of their co-workers or denigrate
their ideas. An full-fledged lawyer that is monochromous to looked Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Paypal Jerseys China Jersyes China Cheap NFL Jerseys Online Jersyes Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Online Cheap Jerseys Jerseys China cheap jerseys online Wholesale Jerseys From China Paypal Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys China Online Cheap Jerseys Jerseys China Online
Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys China Throwback NBA Jerseys Wholesale jerseys
NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys For Women Authentic Wholesale Jerseys
Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys NBA Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NBA Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap MLB Jerseys For Women Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys MLB Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys equal with
anything deep and rhetorical adornment man to any assemblage.
But, you get it on uncomprehensible. at that place may
be geographic point opposites, they both advance transferred possession of contingent and intense shadows.

emit at affair quarterly. This can enable this by plainly placing the
decorous liability protection sum has

Anonymous said...

You really make it appear really easy together with your
presentation however I in finding this topic to be really one
thing which I think I would by no means understand.

It sort of feels too complicated and extremely broad for me.
I'm looking ahead in your subsequent publish, I'll try to
get the grasp of it!

My website :: air conditioning repair dallas reviews

Well show season is upon us, how is the braiding going?